Book Review: The Secret Detectives

 Hi!!!!! I'm back! Sorry I've been quite busy with school and revision but I have a few posts coming up.

The Secret Detectives by Ella Risbridger is a murder mystery that will keep you guessing who the murderer is until you’ve finished it. Fans of The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett will love this book. The main character is called Isobel. She is a lot like Mary from The Secret Garden. Isobel just doesn’t like people. Most people don’t like her very much either.

Isobel is on a boat to England because her parents died in India. She is being looked after by Mrs Colonel Hartington-Davis and her two children: Horace and Letitia. One night Isobel sees someone throwing another person overboard. Everyone on the boat seems to be slightly odd so that makes everyone a suspect.

It’s not my favourite book and at times I found it a little boring but I would definitely recommend it to everyone interested in mystery books. This book reminds me of the ‘A Murder Most Unladylike’ books by Robin Stevens.

》Genre: Mystery

》Stars: ☆☆☆ (3/5)

》Books like it: A Murder Most Unladylike, The Secret Garden

That's all for now, I'll try to post again soon :) bye ♡

Comments